At NACo’s recent Annual Conference in Portland, OR, NACo launched Counties Work -- the first online game specifically related to county government. The game lets students learn about county government by running their own county. NACo partnered with iCivics Inc. to educate and inform students, Grades 6 through 12, about the important role and functions county government plays. Not only will the students be able to play the game in classrooms while studying civics, but teachers will have curriculum and quizzes to assist them in their lesson plans.
NACo needs your help to get the word out to county officials, school systems, teachers and kids.
Attached are a number of marketing materials that will allow you to spread the word.
· Link to the actual game – www.naco.org/countieswork
· Attached is an icon/banner ad for the game. You can place the icon on your state association website and encourage counties to do so as well. Use this link with the icon to go directly to the game,www.naco.org/countieswork
· Attached is a one page flyer on Counties Work to distribute at meetings and conferences.
· Attached is an article on Counties Work to reprint in your newsletter or magazine.
· Attached is a list of iCivics contacts, one per state, that you can contact to coordinate efforts with to get the Counties Work game in schools this year.
If you have questions, please contact me at 202-942-4264or
or Tom Goodman at 202-942-4222or